We are pleased and privileged to share in the special day of so many nuptial couples. Get started reviewing this wedding information. Here are some key pieces to help you in your decision.
- Sample Bulletin
- Sample Service Page 1
- Sample Service Page 2
- Sample Service Page 3
- Sample Service Page 4
- Wedding Planning Guide
1. Consult with the organist regarding the selection of music for the wedding.
2. Music in the wedding service is subject to approval by the Pastor and agreed upon with you, the organist and the Pastor.
3. Vocal music used in a wedding service should have a religious content. Some songs and music are more suitable to the reception than to Church services.
4. Vocal music which does not have a religious content may be used prior to the beginning of the service.
5. Vocal and instrument soloists are available through the church.
6. Only organists from the church may play the church organ.
7. Arrangements with the organist need to be completed no later than one month before the wedding.
8. If you provide your own music rather than use an organist, please check your choice of music with the Pastor.
9. The organist and soloists will set their own fees.
10. No more than 2 solo pieces of music are permitted during the wedding service. Additional special music may be played prior to the processional.
11. A hymn may be sung before the homily.
1. During the wedding service, only the professional photographer is allowed to take pictures.
2. Photographer may take pictures any place in the sanctuary before the wedding service begins.
3. Once the service begins the photographer must take pictures from the rear of the sanctuary without a flash.
4. Video taping service is allowed if the camera has been placed on a tripod out of the site line of the congregation.
Decorating the Sanctuary
1. The wedding candle will be provided by the couple.
2. Limited decoration of the sanctuary is permitted.
1. No drinking of alcoholic beverages or smoking is permitted on church property.
2. One individual in the wedding party should be designated as a clean-up person and should be provided with a large garbage bag to pick up any litter left by the wedding party.
3. At least one individual in the wedding party should be designated as an usher.
4. Rice and bird seed may not be thrown after the service. Bubbles, balloons, and butterflies are allowed.
5. The wedding license and all related documents should be brought to the pastor by the wedding rehearsal.
6. The church will be open for pictures and other arrangements 3 hours before the wedding.
7. Please use the laminated sheet, found in the drawer of the small chest located in the narthex, under your unity candle to prevent wax from dripping on the altar cloth.
8. Do not touch the brass flower vases at the front of the sanctuary without first putting on gloves. A pair of gloves can be found on the shelf in the pulpit. From experience we have found that people’s hands cause a chemical reaction with the metal and damage the vases.
The Wedding Service
1. The purpose of a church wedding is to invoke God’s blessing upon a marriage, to hear the word of God spoken and to request the prayers and support of a congregation for a couple.
2. A couple may individualize a wedding by the music chosen for the service and by special readings.
3. Ring bearer or flower girl must be at least 5 years old.