There are multiple opportunities to serve by volunteering your time and talents. Browse these pages to discover the servant heart work our members are up to. Below are videos from these committees expressing how you can help. Reach out to the contact to get involved. They can always use an extra helping hand.
Luke 10:25 – 37 “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.”
Where Social Ministries Could Use Help
* Food Baskets – 4x a year
* School Supplies – right before school starts
* Food Pantry – need donations and volunteers
* Cafe on Vine – need cooks
* Blood Drive – 2x a year
* Bingo – need prizes and volunteers
* Caring & Sharing – need cooks
* Meals on Wheels – drivers needed
* Habitat for Humanity – volunteers and cooks for lunch
Contact Mary Beth Averweg, Judy Connelly, or Barb Wells if interested in any of these social ministries.
Where Health Ministry Could Use Help
* Feedback on new health and health advocacy topic ideas
* class ideas
* Help with blood pressures
* Join the ministry with a passion for health!
Contact Sharon Brooks if interested in helping with the health ministry.
Where Property Committee Could Use Help
* Mowing lawns
* Twice a year clean-up days
* Shoveling snow
* Property maintenance (inside and out)
* Volunteer on the committee
Contact Brian Mykleby if interested in helping with the property committee.
Altar Guild Ministry
Where Altar Guild Ministry Could Use Help
* Volunteer – join an altar guild team
Contact Connie Mahoney if interested in helping with the altar guild ministry.
Worship & Music Ministry
Get Involved in the Worship & Music Ministry:
* Cherub Choir preschool – 2nd grade
* Choristers Choir 3rd – 8th grade
* Chancel Choir High School – adult
* Bell Choir
Contact the choir directors Jill King (Cherub), Kristan Mitchell (Choristers), or Dr. Angela Hand (Chancel and Bell) if interested in getting involved.
Where Quilters Ministry Could Use Help
* Volunteers to sew tops together
* Volunteers to tie the quilts
Meets the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of every month! Contact Fran Christiansen to help out!
Get Involved in the Evangelism Committee:
* Invite a nonmember to come to a worship service
* Talk about Redeemer outside church
* New ideas and members on the committee welcome
Contact Craig Lacy to get involved with the evangelism committee.
Christian Education Committee
Way to get involved and strengthen the Christian Education Committee:
* New committee members always welcome
* Sunday School help with
* Pray for the committee and the children
* Parents discuss church activities and prompts in Christian Education emails with kids
Contact the Christian Ed Director Teresa Pangan to get involved.
The youth program recently finished finalizing a Youth Strategic Plan that includes six pillars that we believe are key for our junior high and senior high to be involved with so they can be inspired and equipped to lead a life led by Jesus Christ.
These six pillars are:
* Youth Leadership
* Program Planning and Participation with Youth
* Worship, Education & Service that is Youth-Focused
* External Resources & Activities
* Youth with Youth Relationship Building
* Congregational Family Support & Mentoring
Ways to get involved and strengthen the Youth Committee
* Parents to help with the youth planning monthly activities
* Parents to host activities throughout the year
* Support service and mission activities throughout the year
* Dedicated adults that are gifted in working with this age to volunteer on the committee
ALL parents/adults in the congregation are needed to develop authentic, affirming relationships with youth.
Contact Marcia Erickson or Jim McGrath to get involved with the youth committee.